Manchester United are still weighing up whether to make a move for Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic, according to the Daily Express journalist Charlie Gordon.
It was suggested over the weekend that Erik ten Hag’s side see the Austrian as a potential alternative to Benjamin Sesko and Gordon says it is something that the Red Devils are considering:
Told that Sasa Kalajdzic’s situation is active and a move to Man Utd remains a possibility.
— Charlie Gordon (@CharlieGordonSJ) July 31, 2022
With Chelsea having stepped up their attempts to sign Sesko, it is wise to ensure that a backup target is in place if attempts to secure the Slovenian international’s signature don’t go to plan.
Whether Kalajdzic is the right option to be looking at, though, is another matter. The likes of West Ham and Newcastle have been linked with the 6ft 7 target man in recent months, but no team has so far made a bid for the player.
When you consider the fact that Stuttgart may accept a fee in the region of €20m (£17m) for Kalajdzic, with his contract running into its final year, you would expect him to be in high demand. The lack of interest from other teams, therefore, makes United’s interest in the player all the more surprising. Fans will be hoping that deal for Sesko can be put in place instead.